Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Giant Stone & The Countdown Begins

 Here is a giant stone fly via the new site Carolina Fly Tying Blog

And now the countdown begins.  I have been doing a post a day for 11 months now and am quite excited that the year is coming to an end.  I Started this crazy thing as an attempt to focus my wondering mind on two subjects I love, Fly fishing and art.  I had thought that it was a simple thing to do - a quick sketch - a few words - and that was it.  What I have learned over the past year is that this blogging thing is a whole lot of work and is far more rewarding than I could have imagined.  Over the past 11 months I have learned more than I did in seven years of fly fishing and painting.  I believe I have also improved in my painting ability as well as the confidence I have in my work and as the year draws to a close I find myself looking to the future.  What am I going to do with this blog?  Am I going to continue a blog a day for another year? Short answer -NO.  Am I going to abandon the blog all together and consider my project done? No.  I am still struggling with how to proceed but am leaning toward a by-weekly or weekly blog post with a few random posts added for good measure. 
Whatever I decide one thing is for certain, the Year On the Fly will continue.
 

3 comments:

Bigerrfish said...

Its been one hell of AYearOnTheFly.. You obviously think about fish/flies alot, so just throw down whatcha think.
I cant beleave you did it! Way to go man!
oh, sweet stone too!

Brk Trt said...

Joel,

Its been an enjoyable blog for me to look at daily.
I hope you will continue the blog, no matter how often you post.

Unknown said...

one month to go then the pressure will be off to post daily. Thanks guys.