Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Zonker and A New Header

And as promised about 360 days ago, here is a Zonker fly in a some what different version than you might be use to.  I love the rabbit strip for bass fishing.  I have never really explored fishing rabbit strips for trout because my trout just are not to big and the small flies seem to work well. 

So now with two days left of my year on the fly I begin to look forward to the next year.  as you can see I have changed the header of this blog to reflect the new year.  Another Year On The Fly will not be a fly a day but rather a focus on quality instead of quantity.  I have decided that I will continue the blog because as they say, when you find a good thing, stick with it.  I have found in this blog not only an outlet for my hobbies but an invaluable source of information for fishing. 
In the coming year I have a few things in the works for the direction of this blog.  Continuing the theme of art and fly fishing, I plan on producing more original works on the subject of fly fishing as well as adding more posts on my fishing trips.  You might get to see a few more things like hats, shirts, as well as a project I have been working on for the last few months.  (what Is the project?  You will just have to wait till the new year.)

6 comments:

Brk Trt said...

I love the new header.

Anonymous said...

I love the new header too! And the zonker! Very nice! I'm about to get frames for the prints I bought from you and I can't wait! I'll post up some pics when I get them on the walls! Have a Happy New Year, sir!

cofisher said...

Okay Joel, if you happen to go anywhere this coming new year please let me know. I've got some more buying to do. Love the header.

Michael Agneta said...

Joel - Great new header. Also thought I'd pass along a quick story from the holidays. My father-in-law was visiting from Florida and could not stop complimenting the "Rising Brown" I have framed in my dining room. Like serious compliments, and he doesn't put his stamp of approval on much. If you ever do any prints of saltwater fish (tarpon, permit, etc...) your first order will be from me addressed to Boca Raton.

Feather Chucker said...

Nice Joel, I look forward to another year of your paintings.

Unknown said...

Thanks everybody for the comments and the great year. I look forward to following up this year with more quality fishing and bigger better paintings. Thanks again.