Thursday, December 23, 2010

B.W.O. + The COOLEST Truck You Will Ever See!!

The Blue Wing Olive fly and the BWO fly.  If I had to give you the recipe I would but I doubt any of the followers of this blog - or fly fisherman in general - need any info on this little classic fly.  I could also give you the entomology and history of the bug along with its life cycle but there art much better places to get that information than this lowly little blog, and I'm not talking Wickapedia people.  Pick up any fly fishing or fly tying book out there and you will find more information on this little bug than you would care to know.  Nope all you get is this simple illustration of the fly and ..well..... the fly, together.

What else you get for today is a pic of the coolest truck you will ever see and I had a hand in creating it.  Some of you might remember a while back my postings of trout skin and studies of trout skin.  Well today you get to see just why I was so obsessed with trout skin.
 Now if that isn't the sweetest truck decoration then I don't know what is.  Seriously, when my Jim contacted me and told me what he wanted me to help him with I thought it was a cool idea that should look good but NEVER did I imagine that the end product would look so good.  It looks so good that I am contemplating getting my own jeep skinned (once I get it back into operation - complete coolant system replacement).  Below is the image he used for both sides of his truck.  Awesome is the only way I can describe it.
Thanks Jim for the opportunity to work with you on this project, you are now the envy of nearly every trout angler out there.

10 comments:

Blake said...

That is awesome, nicely done.

Brk Trt said...

Joel,
Thats a great job on a true classic.

The truck stands alone in a creative paint job.

Thanks

Bigerrfish said...

pretty sweet!!! ok, Way super awesome bad azz!!!

cofisher said...

Awesome paint job and ditto with the BWO. Love it. Merry Christmas Joel. How about a fish with a Santa hat.

Leigh said...

Cool trout truck - could you do the same for a Barracuda?

R.K. said...

I'd lay down money Midgeman could hook that truck on a #30 and get it to net...

Michael Agneta said...

So Sweet! We have one of those skin graphic places down the street and I had always joked to my wife that I was going to get trout spots wrapped on the SUV. Love it!

Anonymous said...

That truly is a piece of work. Never seen anything like that before! When you get around to doing yours, hope you get it posted.

Mark Kautz said...

As Will Smith said in Independence Day, "I've got to get me one of these".

Mark

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the comments guys. It is things like this that make me glad I started this blog thing.

Blake - it is truely awesome

BrkTrt- thanks.

Bigerrfish-yes, many more adjective could be thrown in for the truck.

Cofisher- thanks and back at you with the merry Christmas - probably not for christmas - no time to do it right but I'll look into it for a party hat for newyears.

Leigh- a Barracuda skin or a trout on a barracuda? I could do either.

Colo Angler - I'd lay money that anybody who has see the Midgemans blog would never take that bet.

Troutrageous - now you can show her how sweet it looks. Good Luck...

Mel - you can bet on it!

Shoreman - keep an eye on this blog and I might be able to hook you up soon, funny thing is I said the same thing when I saw it. Of course I did not sound as cool as Will did when he said it.