Friday, December 10, 2010

Midgeman Inspired .... & A Doubletake

 Here is a quick midge inspired from the midgeman.  I took a little liberty with the colors but the overall look is direct from the man himself.  I am not sure how he ties such small and beautiful flies so consistently but he does and is worth a visit.

It took me a bit to do today's post but as you can see from the photo below, I was a bit busy.
If you are thinking that this painting looks remarkably similar to my last large three trout painting, you would be right.  Unfortunately a shipping mishap destroyed the last work so I in order to replace the one that got ruined I set to work on another piece.  This one does have a look all its own despite some similarities but I will wait to give you details until I post the final work.
As for the destroyed work of art.  I was nearly physically sick when I got word of how badly the shipper had treated it. This was the first time something like this had happened to one of my works and I think how it happened was that I let the package store pack the work for my instead of packaging it myself.  It was insured so there was no monetary loss but when you loose an original work of art that took so much time and energy to produce, it still hurts.  On the plus side, you get to see yet another three fish painting.  I am going to call this one "Three Kings Of The Stream" and should have the final work for you tomorrow or Sunday.

2 comments:

Brk Trt said...

I'm in total agreement with you on the fine work the Midgeman does with his micro flies.

Thats a fitting name of the three trout work of art. Nicely done.

Bigerrfish said...

Great fly painting, great picture with the black and white.
Goin postal? That realy blows that they jacked up your piece.