Sunday, August 15, 2010

Salty Baitfish & Clouds


I dodn't know what it is about saltwater flies but I really like their looks. Big eyes, bold colors(I know this has no color but sometimes the just imagine the contrasts in bright blues and reds), and the completely foreign styles make for great looking flies.

Here is a few shots of thunderstorms that blew up the other day over the Midwest. Not much to do with fly fishing but thought they were cool pics and thought I'd share them. It was great lighting with the sun setting off behind me and these giants billowing up, feeding on the heat and moisture from the Midwest. The cumulonimbus clouds always make for great photography.


4 comments:

Bigerrfish said...

wow man great shots of the clouds.. those arent with the phone are they? if so Im after a smart phone.

Unknown said...

Believe it or not they are. It was such a perfectly setup shot, any camera would have done the job. That being said, I couldn't do this blog with a post a day without my smart phone. Its a great tool that makes my busy life easier.

Feather Chucker said...

Wow, those pictures are amazing! Did you took them from an airplane?

Unknown said...

Kev, thanks for the comment and I yes. I was lucky enough not to have a window with baby spit and hand prints all over it so they came out fairly clear.