Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Big Day For This Blog


A big day for A Year On The Fly blog with a special honor. A great forerunner in the business of fly fishing and Tenkara has chosen a work from this blog to be on its banner.
You might remember a few days ago my mentioning Tenkara USA as well as posting a few flies on the subject, well the other day, Daniel of Tenkara USA and I came to an agreement on the use of a daily painting of mine to be featured as a banner on their homepage.


This piece is the one Daniel picked to be the banner for a little while and I would be lying if I said that I wasn't thrilled to see it up there. You might have also noticed that I have also added a button on the right side of my blog for the Tenkara website. Click it and let him know I sent you.

On another subject, The fly I posted today is yet another reverse hackle with a Japanese Character in the Kanji style. This style of character I'm told is the most widely recognised form of character in Japan so in an effort to continue the quiz - nobody got the last one by the way - I will keep this character in line with the theme of the last. Can anyone tell me what these two symbols say in English?
With the help of a few crossovers from the Tenkara USA site I am sure somebody will figure this out sooner or later...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man ! Thanks for visiting my blog. I thought about writing in English, but only my friends from Poland read it, so it didnt have any sense. Really nice drawings btw ! Tight lines

Brk Trt said...

Congratulations Joel.

Nicely done.

Feather Chucker said...

Awesome, congrats Joel. I know the more people that see your work the more recognition you will get. It is truely special.

Nebraska Hunting Company said...

Congratulations! It's amazing how the internet is allowing us to communicate with each other. I found your blog through The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles, and I'm glad I did. I look forward to your daily additions.

Best to you,
Scott Croner™
Nebraska Hunting Company

Bigerrfish said...

Yea! Joel, way to make something happen! that's what its all about,
I hope the rep guy hooks you up with a rod in a tube, because I'm sure your work on their banner will bring more than enough business to cover it.

Mike Sepelak said...

Good stuff Joel!!!!

Mike

Jason Klass said...

Very cool Joel. It looks great on the site!

Michael Agneta said...

Awesome Joel - Congrats! Thought I noticed a familiar look over there...

Unknown said...

Thanks everbody for your support and comments. The guys over there have been great to work with and I'm glad we had this chance to collaborate on this. Thanks again.

David McKenzie said...

Sweet!

Leigh said...

A big Congratulations!