Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Crawdad & Bassin


Here is a quick crayfish but the real story is a bit of bass fishing at a hidden pond a friend of mine took me to this morning. These are a few of the fish that hit my fly, notice the nice bass. What realy got the blood pumping was a hoss of a bass that was about twice that size and tuged on my 4lb line then lept in the air in a few heart stopping explotions. It was by far the bigest bass I had every caught on a fly or on a spin rod. I got it to the heavily weeded shore where I got a great look at it just before he hooked into a bunch of weeds and swam off. No picture so YES this is just another 'fish story'. Also, I out fished my spin casting buddy 7 to 2 and he is seriously thinking about picking up fly fishing. This is the second time he and I have gone fishing and the second time I have out fished him. Long live the FLY--------->>>>>

4 comments:

JMP said...

Awesome painting and love the concept of this blog...

http://brooksbrownsandbows.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks JMP. You got some great photos on your site.

Bigerrfish said...

Dude that crawdad looks saaaweet!!! the way you have it laying... Is the way all the bass in my BassTurds post were taken... on a cradad laying on the botttom hook point up, moving slow, Of course youre going to out fish your spin fisher buddy....

Should you hold your self accountable for him not making the switch?... have you ever handed him the fly rod when there is a sightable fish availble for the taking... Tell em here try this before you scare it with that.. It'll eat that thing and run like a bat.. prop have to steel your flyrod back.

Unknown said...

Josh,
Glad u like the bug, my buddy has a fly rod and has flyfished in the past but lacks confidence in the fly over the easier spinrod for bass. To be fair, where we fish, a spin won't hang up in trees like a fly and my using a fly rod limits where I can fish. I'm hoping my outfishing him dispite my limited options of shore line will convince him to try bass on a fly.
Tight lines man...