Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ausable Bomber

Here is another poached fly.


Also spent a little time with the fly tying this morning. Looking to improve on my bass, wabbit strip worm I've added a little color to the beard. Bass always love a little red in their diet and the blue..... well I just thought it looked cool. going out in a few hours to test them out.

Also tied a few midges for a future trout trip. I was inspired by the SWEET flies Bigerrfish sent me a while ago and decided to add to the lot. Mine are by far rougher than the bgrrfsh quality but I'm sure they'll fish. (Josh, the hopper is just too pretty to fish,,,, Even my wife was impressed.) I also got a new midge box coming to me via Ebay and need flies to fill it.

3 comments:

Bigerrfish said...

I like the ones with the crystal flash legs/wings good luck with filling, a box with midges,, that takes a while.. lemeno if you need more...

Unknown said...

I figured you would like those with your ongoing quest for smaller flies. They are the smallest I've tied. A new attempt for me.

Brk Trt said...

The Ausable Bomber.
My number 1 go to fly for wild trout on small streams.

Well done,