Thursday, May 27, 2010

Rainbow Trout & Softhackle


ORIGINAL SOLD - 5 x 7 PRINTS AVAILBLE
Here is a nice little 10x8 Rainbow Trout painting I did yesterday. I was at a loss for the type of fly to put on it and finally settled on a standard soft hackle. Of course, with the exception of the fly, the work is done in watercolor.
On the fishing front, I am looking forward to a trip up to WV for a morning fishing with my buddy from Killbillies Outdoors. He has promised to show me some good water and the weather looks great. Hopefully I'll be able to hook up with some nice fish and get some killer pics for this blog and future paintings. Also looking forward to trying out some flies Bigerrfish sent me. Look for the post in a week or so.
Also my favorite forum is back up after nearly a three week absence due to a bit of an infection. It got cold I guess but its fixed now...

7 comments:

Brk Trt said...

Very nice.

A joy to look at.

Thanks

Bigerrfish said...

Yo man, thats a hot painting!!! you better get to printing a few of those ahead of time and get them ready for the mail....

About your trip....... You have the good water? someone who knows it? The drive to hook some fish, and some, (toot toot) Killer bugs!!!

The physical items are out of the way....
Now It's just you, and them. Go get em... No,,, just feed em.

Feather Chucker said...

You seriously have a gift my friend.

Bill said...

Very nice once again!

Unknown said...

Brktrt-glad u enjoy it

Bgrfsh- thanks, can't wait for the trip. Only going to get a morning on the water but plan to make the most of it.

Kev- & Bill - thanks for the kind words.

R.K. said...

Joel - that is a wonderful piece. You hit the ball out of the park with this one!

Unknown said...

C.A. - thanks.