Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dolphin



Did a bit of work on a fish I've wanted to paint for quite a while. Some time ago my father in-law and I did a bit of offshore fishing and he was lucky enough to hook into the best fish of the trip. It was a dolphin and it has to be one of the best looking fish I have ever seen. Blues, yellows, and greens, this fish was a piece of art and it was a memorable trip. We caught several other fish on that trip but this is the one that I remember.
This piece measures 18"x10" unframed. The fly is an Offshore Deceiver. I will be selling this piece for $80 unframed and $130 framed. 10x8 prints with a simple 14x11 mat cost $11+s.h. Until I can get my website setup with a paypall function, If you desire to purchase the painting or a print just Email me and we will work out the details.




For those of you that have asked about the Brookie painting and prints, the 10x8prints will run $11 + Shipping and the Original will run $110 for the painting and $160 if you want it framed.

2 comments:

Bigerrfish said...

Dolphin? Is that fish really a member of the dolphin family? because honestly I have never seen a dolphin that looks anything like that but then again I'm a fresh water junkie!!

when I first saw it I thought the fly was called A dolphin.... At any rate, your art is bitchin!!!

Unknown said...

It is a dolphin fish -better known as mai-mai (sp?) at your local market because most people don't know there is a dolphin 'fish'. I guess if they sold it labled dolphin then they would not sell as much. It truly is a beautiful fish and fun to catch.