Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Emerger & My Burner


Here is a little emerger from the blog of Dave W. (http://davewiltshireflytying.blogspot.com/) I liked the look of this fly so I whipped up a little paint on paper.
Also I add here my little home made camping stove. In the age of recycled and going green, I have put away the heavier propain stove for this isopro fuel tin can stove. Simple to make and only as heavy as an empty coke can, this littlestove will burn constant for 10 minutes and boil 2 cups of water in less than 5.

To make this great little alchohal burner, take two cans,cut off the bottoms -1/3 from the bottom, slide the two bottom pieces together, poke burner holes around the rim of one of the sides and then add a filler hole in the center of the bottom af the can. I have added a special nut and bolt bought at a local hardware store for 25 cents. Fill with a little fuel injection cleaner - I use the yellow HEAT-.

1 comment:

Bigerrfish said...

looks harder than making popper heads.