Friday, January 17, 2014

Vintage Looking Trout Sign

Vintage Looking Fishing Lodge Sign
    Who doesn't love old wood signs?  With all the 'picker' shows and restoration shows on the tube now a days these vintage signs have really taken off but for all of us rural folks out there this type of art has always been in style.  Give me a cabin next to a trout stream with a few stuffed critters on the walls and a few more vintage fishing signs to class the place up and I'm in heaven.
With that in mind I took an old photo of a painting I did a number of years ago and did some messing around in the computer to come up with this vintage looking wall hanger.  I am told I can actually transfer this image to a slab of wood to make my own sign.  With the image I came up above that might just be a good idea.  It would sure make a sweet addition to any man cave... or in my case an overstuffed garage.

3 comments:

Bill Trussell said...

Joel
I would certainly try the transfer; I am so into vintage item like this. Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Anytime Bill - gotta love anything with a trout on it for hanging in a man cave.

cofisher said...

Well, I don't remember if I already left a comment or not so I'll do this again. I agree anything with fish on it will find it's way on the walls of the cave. Especially if it's by my favorite artist!