Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Dito Post

 Here is a little inked tarpon fly like yesterday and a bit of info into why I am showing so much skin lately.

  A few weeks ago I had a fly fishing fanatic email me about working on a specialized piece consistence with my style of watercolor.  What he wanted was to take a piece of my art and have it blown up into a sort of decal for the sides of his truck.  The way it was described was a long 17-19" strip of trout skin going the length of his truck.  It was such an intriguing idea that i went to work on it right away.  I even toyed with idea for my jeep trout chaser.  I can't wait to see how it turns out and am looking forward to seeing the final photos.  You can be sure I will post the photos as soon as I get them.

3 comments:

Bigerrfish said...

You better cover your self up Joel, your showing too much skin.. ah ha

cant wait to see the truck!!

basic fishing tips said...

Love your work. As graphic designer as I am , I 'm too impresed! Great work! I hail the idea in generaly as well! Keep rockin'!

Unknown said...

Bgrfsh- I can't wait to see it either

BFT- I always enjoy to here from other artist/designers and am glad you liked my attempts at the art of fly fishing