Monday, October 31, 2011

Flies & Feathers From Brook Trout

I got something in the mail the other day that really got me excited.  Alan, aka Brk Trt, aka http://smallstreamreflections.blogspot.com/ sent me three of the best looking flies currently in my collection.  I mentioned to Alan a while ago that I was getting a collection of flies together for a display piece.  My plan was to use a large and very old type setters drawer I purchased at an antique store a while back and fill it with great looking flies and antique lures.
Once I get it all together, rest assured that I will be doing a post on it but for right now I am in the gathering stage and these three flies will compliment the display perfectly.
This isn't the first time Alan's flies have graced the Year On The Fly.  Some of you might remember The Proudre Canyon Special.  For that fly Alan and I got together to send the Midgeman a special piece.  I must admit that I was a bit jealous of the midgeman but now he can envy me.
I am also sharing it with you so you might become aware of the great flies that Alan has been tying.  I have looked these three flies over and over with the eye of a novice fly tier and am amazed at the quality of work and obvious time spent on each fly.  Alan might appreciate my painting skills but they are nothing to the skills he has with the hook and feather. Well done Alan.

4 comments:

cofisher said...

Beautiful flies! I can't wait to see what you put together.

Unknown said...

Thanks Cofisher, hopefully I can get it all together soon.

Darren MacEachern said...

Alan ties some wonderful flies. I also have a set that will be featured in my streamer project next year. I can't wait to see how the look on your canvas.

Brk Trt said...

Thanks for the kind comments.

I can't wait for the finished product.