Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Steelhead, And Snow In The South.

So keep in mind that these photos are taken with my cell phone camera so the quality just is not what it could be for color and clarity but you get the idea.  While I have spent the last few days at home trying to recover from a cavalcade of illness, I just couldn't bring myself to paint.  I actual couldn't bring myself to do much of anything except go to the doc and get meds which is why I now feel good enough to toss some paint around.
For those of you that don't know I live in SC and the massive storm that hit the region on  Monday morning did a number on the state.  For instance, I have not had mail in two days.  I guess the old postman's oath no-longer applies....  Anyway, as I sit with my sniffling nose and massive headache staring out the window at the 6-7 inches of snow and ice covering my yard, I think about ....what else, Fishing!  And the perfect fish to hunt on a winter day, the Steelhead.
Here is a rendition of a steelhead with a egg sucking pattern in his lip.

I did this while watching my kids play a bit of WII on this second snow day in a row so I failed to remember to get a few more 'work in action' photos.  My apologies


As always, this painting is done on the highest quality acid free  paper with top quality, light resistant paints.  It measures about 10x8 inches and is available for purchase.  Please Email me for questions you might have  regarding this piece.
 Hopefully in the coming days I can get some quality scans of this painting and have prints available.  As soon as I make them available I will do another post.



So to give you a bit more info on how the south reacts to a winter storm that those in the west would barely blink at, let me tell you about my trip to the doctors office yesterday.  My wife was gracious enough to call around to all the urgent care facilities near me since my family doc was closed.  After a lengthy search she fond one and asked if I needed an appointment.  Short answer was 'There ain't no body here so come on over'.  It was great to go to a doctors office and not have to wait in line.
Being originally from a northern state frequented by bad weather, I hoped into my wife's van, (my jeep is still being worked on) and headed out.  literaly three cars were on the road and on the drive through town I didn't see any businesses open but walmart a random gas station and my doctors office.  after a short visit and being informed I also had an ear infection, (Great!) I headed over to the only other business that was open, Target.  I was one of two cars in the parking lot at 2:30 in the afternoon.  Crazy! 
Hopefully the sun will peek out from behind the clouds in the next few days and get life around hear back to normal.  My wife informs me that the kids school is canceled again tomorrow but I'm not complaining about that.  I can always use more time trying to outplay them on the WII.

4 comments:

Brk Trt said...

Thats a beautiful painting.
I love this one.

Bigerrfish said...

dang Joel thats sweet

cofisher said...

Really a nice painting Joel and I don't know beans about Steelhead. Feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments guys. Glad you enjoy it.