Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Random Bass Bug - Back To The Roots Of The Blog


Its just a random fly I sketched out a the other day that I then digitally messed with a bit.  Its the type of quick fly sketch that got this whole blog thing going.   Its a fly that gets me thinking about the monster bass that could hit it if I could just get out and fish it.  Its the quick type of painting that keeps my mind thinking in that artistic mode of thinking.  Its the type of fly that makes me wish this colder weather would finally give way to full on spring..... Man I need to go fishing!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joel, thanks for whetting my appetite, too! Nice job on the Bass Bug.

cofisher said...

Well, we're all in agreement that we're going nuts. Here's to good fishing...soon!

Unknown said...

Mel - I wet your appetite now its up to you to wet a fly (or lure). Good luck.

Howard - we were spoiled last year now we learn to wait. In the 60's down south today and I'm going to chance planting the garden when I get home.... I've never been one who liked to wait for things.

RK Brooks said...

I'm finding that the faster I work, the better it is - at least about 80% of the time. Watercolor though, is not my thing. I'm always amazed at the shapes and forms you produce. Just beautiful!