Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Rainbow & A Caddis

A few days ago I was in Burlington VT for work and stopped by a good little fly shop just a block from the airport. Located in the basement of a house in a residential neighborhood, the small shop is owned by longtime VT trout angler Ed Schirmer and if you are put off by the location of the fly shop being in his basement, Don't. With a good bit of fly tying material (not as much as in the big Orvis or Bass Pro stores but trimed down to essential material) and a few other trouting equipment such as books, rods, and reels, what this shop has an abundance of is knowledge about the VT waters. With the VT waters closed for trout till April - I believe - I mas unable to hit any water but if I get another stopover in Burlington later in the year I am going to first stop by Ed's shop for local knowledge of hatches then try and wet a fly.
The second photo is of an unknown ski slope just over the NY border from @ 30000ft.

No comments: